Health, Wellness and Cryotherapy
WHAT IS HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Health and Wellness are such an important aspect of individuals lives, determining everything we are able to do, and the ways in which we are able to live. So what dollar value would you place upon your own health and wellness?
Health refers to a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing. Wellness includes choosing and being in a state of good health, making it an actively pursued goal. Health and Wellness within an individual’s life is often linked to living long, full and healthy lives, ultimately offering an improved quality of life.
CRYOTHERAPY FOR HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Cryotherapy has been used globally for decades as a unique treatment which utilises the body’s natural ability to heal and rejuvenate.
Cryotherapy’s Health and Wellness Benefits:
- Pain relief of aches and pains for an extended period of time: Through the process of reducing blood flow to an area of pain, caused by inflammation and swelling, the pain associated with injuries is reduced. Cryotherapy furthermore helps to temporarily reduce pain through reducing and slowing down nerve activity associated with pain.
- The removal of toxins from the body: During the process of cryotherapy, as the body’s core works to warm the blood and move it to the body’s extremities, the process of circulation is enhanced, and the blood is purified through the process of replacing harmful toxins with oxygen which is enriched with nutrients, hormones and enzymes.
- Strengthening of the immune system: Through the increase of blood circulation and specifically the increase in the amount of white blood cells, the body is able to fight infections more efficiently. The body is more responsive to attacking foreign organisms which may cause illness.
- Improving Skin: Cryotherapy provides the ability to boost cell rejuvenation and collagen production which are triggered through cold temperatures. Through the cold temperatures, the blood vessels contract, allowing the skin to firm and tighten, further reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The anti-inflammatory properties associated with cryotherapy reduce the symptoms of an array of skin conditions, including eczema, dermatitis, and rosacea.
- Aid symptoms of anxiety and depression: Through boosting energy levels, providing focus, improving sleep, providing the body adrenalin and endorphins and essentially replicating the effects exercise have on the body, the body is given a natural boost of optimism that comes with the feeling of being energised and healthy.
- Aid with the regulation and stabilisation of REM sleep: During the process of cryotherapy norepinephrine is released within the body which activates sufficient REM sleep. Furthermore, the release of endorphins causes a boost in energy levels. Collectively the release of norepinephrine and endorphins allows you to reach deeper levels of REM sleep.